Minor volunteers younger than 14 years of age – are permitted to work as volunteers with L-C Valley Habitat for Humanity, on pre-approved special events with 1/1 adult supervision. Questions – Please contact volunteer coordinator.
Minor volunteers who are 14 through 17 years of age – will be permitted to work as an L-C Valley Habitat for Humanity volunteer at The Habitat store or construction of a Habitat home, subject to the following provisions:
- ALL minors volunteering with L-C Valley Habitat will need to complete a Waiver of Liability for Minors form BEFORE they are allowed to work. * Form available at the bottom of this page *
- ALL minors working as a volunteer with L-C Valley Habitat will be working under the direct supervision of an adult. (10-1 ratio)
- ALL minors working as a volunteer for L-C Valley Habitat will be required to wear proper safety equipment, as provided by Habitat for Humanity.
- NO minor volunteering with L-C Valley Habitat for Humanity will operate, or handle any power-driven machinery involved in the construction of a Habitat home.
- NO minor will be exposed to hazardous waste products or other hazardous substances.
- NO minor volunteering with L-C Valley Habitat for Humanity will be permitted to work on any excavation, scaffolding or roofing on a construction site.
- NO minor volunteering with L-C Valley Habitat for Humanity will be permitted to work:
- During school hours
- Before 7am or after 7pm
- Work more than 4 consecutive hours without a half hour break
- Will not exceed 15 hours per week during school
Minor volunteers ages 14 and 15 can do limited work on the sites. They can paint or landscape but should not be on site when construction is underway.
Minor volunteers ages 16 and 17 can do general construction but cannot do excavation, demolition, use power tools, roofing or working at heights above 6 feet.
Volunteers 18 and older can do any of the various construction-related jobs on the build-site.