Brush with Kindness Program Sponsorship
Building Homes. Building Hope. Building Communities.
Brush with Kindness (BWK) is a Habitat program that mobilizes volunteers to provide exterior home maintenance assistance to low-income homeowners. It addresses a critical and often overlooked need: After years of deferred maintenance, homes fall into disrepair. This can lead to a downward spiral of code citations, the loss of homeowner insurance and ultimately mortgage foreclosure. These effects hurt not just individual homeowners, but also entire neighborhoods.
The goal of ABWK is to serve families living in substandard housing by mobilizing volunteers in a meaningful community-building effort. As a result, homeowners have the opportunity to experience a stronger neighborhood and improve their quality of life. Volunteers have the opportunity to make a tangible difference in the lives of others and to build teamwork among co-workers, friends and family. Communities are often revitalized through the investment of time and resources in the refurbishment of these homes
Sponsorship supports identifying sites and obtaining permits, providing tools and materials, providing professional supervision to manage safety and direct volunteers, and overseeing quality control and obtaining required inspections.
Brush with Kindness Sponsor Benefits
- Your organization will receive first priority for volunteer participation on this home; volunteering is optional.
- Acknowledgement on L-C Valley Habitat’s website with a link to your organization’s website
- L-C Habitat t-shirt with your logo for your volunteers
- Your organization’s name and logo will be included in all marketing and public relations materials including L-C Valley Habitat’s website, newsletter, and/or media releases.
- Your organization’s name and logo will be prominently displayed at the project site and events associated with this project.
Brush with Kindness Sponsor Volunteer Opportunities
This is an opportunity to help qualified homeowners continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. The BWK program mobilizes volunteers to provide exterior home maintenance, such as painting and landscaping. No previous experience is necessary. You receive priority volunteer dates as a BWK sponsor, which are typically Thursday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- You decide how many volunteers to provide for each date; up to 12 volunteers per site per date. If you don’t have 12 volunteers, LCV HFH will supplement from other organizations.
- Orientation on-site
- Minimum age to work on a build site is 16 years old w/ restrictions, age 18 w/o restrictions.
- L-C Habitat provides all tools, materials, and safety equipment.
- Volunteers can bring their own tools, safety glasses and gloves if they desire.
Brush with Kindness Sponsor Levels