Affordable Home Program Sponsorship
Through shelter, we empower. LCV HFH homeowners build their own homes alongside volunteers and purchase a home with an affordable mortgage. A decent home gives us the strength, stability and independence to take care of ourselves and build our own futures. Sponsorships available during the year. Please call (208) 792-7568 or email us for more information.
Building Homes. Building Hope. Building Communities.
Organizations or individuals can choose to fully or partially fund a home for a family in need. The lives of L-C Valley Habitat homebuyer families are dramatically changed when they own their homes and the whole family is able to put down roots:
- Children go to the same school each year, and their academic performance improves.
- Because mortgage payments are lower than their previous rent, L-C Valley Habitat homeowners have more disposable income to spend in their local communities.
- L-C Valley Habitat families become neighborhood leaders. They serve on PTA’s and community associations. They encourage changes that help transform whole neighborhoods.
- Increasing home ownership lowers crime rates; public dollars are saved while the quality of life in our entire community improves.
- L-C Valley Habitat homeowners contribute property taxes right back into their community.
What we do:
Build simple, decent, affordable home for people with low and low-moderate income in Nez Perce County, and Asotin County
Who we do it for:
The families LC Valley Habitat for Humanity serve-
- Earn between 30%-80% of the Asotin County and Nez Perce County Median Income as provide by HUD
- Are usually first-generation homeowners
- Invest 350 hours of sweat equity in the building of their home
- Purchase their L-C Valley Habitat Home without interest
How We Do It:
By engaging the community through sponsorship and volunteer labor.
Affordable Home Sponsor Benefits
- Your organization will receive first priority for volunteer participation on this home (Volunteering is optional)
- Acknowledgement on L-C Valley Habitat’s website with a link to your organization’s website.
- Lewis Clark Habitat t-shirt with your logo for your volunteers (limited to 100 volunteers)
- Online photo gallery of your Legacy Home activities, including, ground blessing, construction, and home blessing.
- Your organization’s name and logo will be included in all marketing and public relations materials including L-C Valley Habitat’s website, newsletter, and/or media releases.
- Your organization’s name and logo will be prominently displayed at the Legacy Home build site and events associated with this home build.
Affordable Homes Sponsor Volunteer Opportunities
This is an opportunity to help build a simple, decent, affordable home for a family in need by constructing a new home from foundation to finishing the interior. No previous construction experience is necessary.
- You receive priority of volunteer dates as a home sponsor
- Build days are Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m
- You decide how many volunteers to provide for each date; up to 25 volunteers per site per date. If you don’t have 25 volunteers, LCV HFH will supplement from other organizations.
- Orientation on-site
- Minimum age to work on a build site is 16 years old w/ restrictions, age 18 w/o restrictions.
- L-C Habitat provides all tools, materials, and safety equipment.
- Volunteers can bring their own tools, safety glasses and gloves if they desire.
Affordable Homes Sponsorship Levels