- Have a housing need. For example: excessive rental/utility expenses, no indoor plumbing, poor heating, leaks in the roof, overcrowding, unsafe or unsanitary conditions. The Homeowner Selection Committee may schedule a home visit with you to verify need.
- Have lived or worked in Nez Perce or Asotin County for at least the last year.
- Have pre-tax (gross) income* in the Habitat annual income range for Nez Perce/Asotin County for a family of your size. For example: for a family of two that would be between $17,240 and $45,800 per year. See the Habitat annual income range table below.
- Provide permission for Habitat to verify employment and other income, verify checking and savings account balances, get a statement from your current and previous landlords, have a credit check done, conduct background checks, and ask you for credit references. Please sign the enclosed Permission Form and return it with your completed application.
- Be willing to participate in programs to become a successful homeowner, which will include budgeting, home repair, and maintenance.
- Be willing to invest “sweat equity” by working on the Habitat house or other approved projects. A single adult household is required to put in 250 hours; a family headed by two adults is required to invest 400 hours.
- Be willing and able to make monthly payments towards a share of the closing costs on your house for a total of approximately $1,000.
- Be able to purchase the home from Habitat once it is completed. Habitat house payments include taxes and insurance and are approximately $625 per month. The actual amount will vary depending on local taxes, insurance rates, the final construction cost of the home, and what is affordable in the homeowner’s monthly budget. L-C Valley Habitat cannot guarantee what the final price will be until the construction is complete.
If you are interested in Habitat and believe you qualify for a home according to the above guidelines, we encourage you to attend an informational meeting. Then, fill out and return the enclosed application with the required additional documentation and the signed enclosed permission slip. You may keep the privacy notice and notice of the right to receive a copy of the final appraisal for your records.
A Habitat Volunteer Loan Officer will be available at Zoom information presentations and help sessions for those needing assistance with their applications.
Visit our website, or call our office, for a list of days/times/locations for optional Information/Application Help Sessions. We will also make a Zoom option available for several of the meetings.
All information is considered confidential and is used only for homeowner selection. This is NOT a quick solution to housing needs. The application process may take up to 6 months. An additional 12 months may elapse before the selected homeowner is living in home. It is our policy that, between equally qualified applications, the Homeowner Selection Committee will select the applicant with the greatest need.
Return completed application and documents to:
L-C Valley Habitat for Humanity
Atten.: Homeowner Program
PO Box 317
Clarkston, WA 99403
Applications MUST be postmarked by or turned in to the office by 5:00PM on Friday, October 15, 2021.
Questions? Call 509.758.7396 or email email@example.com