Everyone deserves a decent, safe and affordable place to call home
L-C Valley Habitat for Humanity partners with individuals and families in need of a safe affordable place to call home.
We believe that home is the beginning of a strong foundation. A Habitat home helps families develop a stable financial future, and a healthy place for a family and children to grow and thrive.
Habitat homeowners are active participants in building a better future for themselves and their families. They get a hand up, not a handout.
Turn your dream of owning a home into a reality.
Lewis Clark Habitat for Humanity builds safe, decent, affordable housing for families in need that reside in The Valley. We build houses where we can find affordable or donated land in Asotin County, WA and Nez Perce County, ID.
Habitat homeowners achieve strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. Shelter they helped build.
They complete hundreds of hours of sweat equity building their own home and homes of other Habitat families, attend financial workshops and homebuyer classes, save for their closing costs and pay an affordable mortgage. It’s hard work but it’s worth it.
Home ownership is a real commitment, the process can take over a year from start to finish. Our Site Selection Committee finds and determines the location of the home. Our Homeowner Selection Committee runs the application screening process and makes the final selection.
How to Apply
At this time, our application process is CLOSED. Keep checking this page for more information on the application process
Contact us or call the office (509) 758-7396 to be put on the tickler list for those interested in applying for the next home.
- Your Full Name
- Email (if available)
- Mailing address
- How you heard about becoming a Habitat homeowner search
You will be contacted when the process begins to see if you are still interested. The first step in the application process is to attend an informational meeting to receive detailed information about our unique program, answer questions, and receive and application. Keep checking this page for more information on the application process.
Upcoming Homeowner Informational Meetings:
NO informational meeting at schedule at this time.
What is Required to Apply?
Attend an information session or schedule a visit with a Habitat representative to learn about this unique program. Then, if interested, fill out and submit the application with all the required documentation before the deadline. L-C Valley Habitat for Humanity will offer information and help sessions to answer questions and assist with completion of the application.
What do we typically look for in an applicant?
There are three main criteria to apply for a Habitat Home:
- Ability to pay,
- Need for housing, and
- Willingness to partner with Habitat.
To be considered, you need to meet the following qualifications:
- Lived or worked in Asotin or Nez Perce County for at least the last year
- Be living in inadequate housing (problems with structure, electrical, or heating for example)
- Be willing to fulfill partnership obligations, including 300-400 hours of sweat equity helping to build your home.
- Your income must fall within 30-60% of Area Median Income for Asotin & Nez Perce Counties according to the Housing and Urban Development Administration (HUD). The specific amounts change each year and vary depending on family size. Contact the Habitat office or attend one of our informational meetings to find out the income range.
As part of the application process, a selection committee member will review your credit history, conduct interviews and do a site visit of your current home.
We build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
- Office: (509) 758-7396
- Store: (208) 743-1300
- PO Box 317 Clarkston, WA 99403-0317 United States
- 1633 G St, Lewiston, ID 83501
- Hours: Tue – Fri 9:00am – 5:30pm
Sat – 9:00am – 4:30pm
Closed : Sun-Mon
- 1242 Highland Ave, Clarkston, WA 99403
- Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm
Closed : Sat-Sun