The applicant/s certify that they:
1. Understand that submittal of an application is not a guarantee of funding and that income eligibility, the condition of the property, the work scope, program priorities and availability of funding will be all used to determine eligibility.
2. Any of the information contained in this application will be verified and may be obtained from any source named herein.
3. All information in this application, and all information furnished in support of this application is given for the purpose of obtaining an Affordable Home Repair Program grant, under a financial assistance program developed by the lender with CDBG funds provided under the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended, and is true and complete to the best of the applicants' knowledge and belief.
4. This is not an entitlement program and is subject to availability of funds, guidelines and eligibility requirements are subject to change.
5. Upon approval, homeowners will pay a $100 non-refundable deposit before repairs start as well as 10-15% of cost of materials. An affordable payment plan will be set up once actual amounts due are determined upon completion of the repair.
6. Owner of the property described in this application and that the LCV HFH Affordable Home Repair Program proceeds will be used only for work and materials allowable under and authorized by the home repair program for the property described in this application. If the approving officer determines that the rehabilitation grant proceeds will not or cannot be used for the purposes described herein, the applicant acknowledges that s/he shall have no further interest, right, or claim to the grant proceeds.
7. Furthermore, applicants attest that they cannot complete the home repair due to age, disability, or lack of income. Instead, homeowners will be willing to complete 24 hours of sweat equity, which will be designed around limitations.
8. Required supplemental documents to bring to a preliminary interview:
- Most recent income tax return or a letter, signed by you, stating why they were not filed.
- Most recent W-2
- Last 2 pay stubs or other proof of income
- Last 2 bank statements with all subaccounts. Must include names, banks address, and account numbers.
- Proof of any other income, including but not limited to child support, alimony, public assistance, TANF, SSI, Workman’s Comp, or others.
- Proof of homeownership: Deed of Trust or property tax receipt.
I declare that I have examined this request for grant assistance and, to the best of my knowledge and belief; the information contained in it is true, correct and complete.